Wednesday 19 June 2013

Items Sent to Powder Coating (Day 305)

I went through all my boxes of parts, looked over the dismantling log and pulled out all the components I thought were capable of being powder coated.  So I have the frame (click images to enlarge):


 


and a selection of other parts including the main stand
 the side stand, swing arm, side stand bracket, top and bottom fork yokes, rear brake caliper bracket and the 2 front fork air balancing tube widgets
 
 then there was the battery holder, ignition key set, horns, front wheel dust seal, air box side covers, speedo bracket, brake caliper arms, rear indicator arms, starter motor cover, horn cover (x 1 ??), electrics plate, handlebar clamps, exhaust bracket and a part next to the starter motor cover which I forget what it is.
 
 Then I have the helmet lock, seat lock, rear master cylinder and some bits I have put on other photos.
I have requested the satin black finish.  I tried to put in every conceivable part but you always forget something!  I left behind all the triangular engine brackets and the other horn faceplate.  Lets hope they won't mind doing a few little bits at a later date.

When I got to the powder coating company they told me they could not do the items with the locks in them as they would be ruined by the process.  They had previously told me that they couldn't do brake calipers either which is a shame as I will now have to persevere with the VHT paint.