Saturday 1 December 2012

Engine Wash (105)

The sun came out today so it was a chance to go wash the engine and get it inside for the winter strip down.  I had a sack barrow (or trolley depending on which side of the pond you come from) and some car ramps I was given by my father-in-law.  Everyone had a set of these in the 50s, 60s and 70s when you used to fix up holes in your car exhaust pipes and change your own oil.  They are antique relics now but serve a good purpose as an engine stand for big Suzukis.  I set it up like this to start with:
 Stops all the water going into the exhaust outlets anyway!



 Using the old gunk.  The Ultra was useless (maybe mine was watered down) but the Green was actually quite effective.  Some of this baked on oil has been on here for 20 or more years.



It all came off in the end even it what I was left with was alot of corrossion.
Then I put the same ramp set up in the garage so I can work on her over the winter.