Wednesday 13 February 2013

Carburetor Break Down Part 4 (Day 179)

 I was doing so well.  I got the first butterfly out of carb no. 1 easy peasy.  And it will be as easy to get carb 4 apart.  But I had no idea until this morning that carbs 2 and 3 are a completely different kettle of fish.  There is no cap to remove and no easy circlip.  This is carb no. 3.   
 There is no easy circlip removal on this one.  One end (below) is manufactured to be non-removable.
But the other end has a nut on it which is held in place by a tabbed washer that is bent up to prevent the nut coming lose.  I anticipate getting this one off quite easily.
 
 Now carb no. 2 is the problem. 
 As per carb no.3, one end is manufactured to be non-removable
And the other end (below) is another matter.  
 No nut to remove.  There is however this (click to enlarge).  It looks like there is some kind of pin in there that goes all the way through to the other side.  If this is a removable split pin, I need to find a punch of the exact size to push it out.  It is hollow.
Someone tell me the trick for this one please.