Sunday 3 March 2013

Exhausting Pipes (Day 197)

 The other day the sun came out.  This is a very strange occurrence at this time of year in the UK.  So I took the opportunity of experimenting on an exhaust pipe (muffler) dissection.  My exhaust pipes are shot (see: Exhaust Pipes Removed) and there is not much to loose by cutting them up.  I bought another identical set which are in much better condition but still have a baffle loose inside.  So I want to find out if there is any possibility of cutting into to them, fixing them up inside then putting them back together again.  I have seen on the forums how you can cut into a petrol tank and then braze the patch back in.  I have yet to find someone to do this for me but I thought I could a least start the cutting up process.  This was the idea:

This was the lovely day.
And this is one of the rubbish pipes.
So I starting cutting.
Dremel didn't last long.

But I did make a start.
This was what was rattling inside.
And this little critter obviously couldn't find his way out.
I need bigger tools.  Don't we all.