Sunday 7 April 2013

Wheel and Tyre Strip (Day 232)

I have been spending too much time on my carburetors.  So we move on.  The sun has been peeking out a little today and it's possible that we may even see a spring being sprung.  Front wheel first.
 

 They don't look very good.  Just wait for the "before and after" pictures!
 Flatten out all the retaining washers on the disks.
 
Now the rear wheel with the shaft drive hub.  Loosen pinch bolt holding wheel spindle and punch out.

 Oh BTW (no one tells you this) but if you want a tyre shop to take off the tyres for you, you are better off leaving the disks on.  They can be used to grab the wheel in the tyre removal machine.  Or if you have already taken the disks off you have to remove the tyres by hand.  I was lucky.  I had a forgiving mentor who did it by hand for me at a local tyre shop with rim protectors and years of previous experience to boot.  Here are the old tyre sizes.